Trailer Hire Johannesburg
Do you need to move a fridge, household items or office furniture? Troopie Trailer Hire can assist in your every need – be it big or small. We have a wide selection of
trailers to suit most requirements our clients might have. The only way that you can make sure that you are hiring the perfect trailer is by knowing what your exact
needs are and knowing everything there is to know about the trailer you are considering.
We are situated in Linbro Park, Sandton, Johannesburg and trailers can be collected at our premises. We also provide the following service: We have various trucks
sizes which we will load and drive to assist you in getting your goods to our storage facility.
The size of our trailers is ideal for home, recreational, or on-road travel.They can be used for garden waste removal in and around Sandton, furniture removal,
moving house or transporting of off-road or trail motorbikes, and transporting go-karts.
Trailer Types Availbale
- Caged trailers (3m) which are suitable for furniture removal
- Luggage/Venter trailer
- Car transporter (5m)
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS TO TOW A TRAILER:
- The size of the trailer you can tow will depend on what type of vehicle you have.
- Vehicles will need to have a towing hitch with working electrical point where the trailer connects.
- The vehicle will need to be strong enough to tow whatever weight is added.
- The Venter/Troopie trailer has a sturdy body, but take care to keep to the weight parameters to avoid causing damage.
TIPS WHEN TOWING A TRAILER:
- A trailer increases the length of the vehicle so ensure that you indicate well in advance to other traffic before changing lanes.
- Trailers will increase the amount of fuel used. To conserve fuel, drive at moderate speeds to reduce wind friction. Use the lower gears of your vehicle to reduce stress on the engine of the vehicle, thus reducing fuel usage by keeping a constant speed.
- Make sure that the trailer hitch is securely in place on the tow ball. Check that all trailer lights are working correctly when the trailers' electrical connection are secured to the vehicle.
- Use the correct weights in the trailer to prevent strain on the chassis. Keep the tongue weight (weight on the trailer's towing hitch) around 10% of the total trailer weight to avoid too much movement or strain on the towing hitch. Too much weight makes steering a lot more complicated. Keep weight evenly distributed as far as possible on the trailer.
- Reversing a trailer can be tricky, when the trailer turns in the rearview mirror, your hands on the steering wheel should go in the same direction to straighten it out.
- Breaking needs to be well in advance, slow and steady
Call us for more information or pay us a visit at our premises.
Contact Troopie for trailer hire that meets your needs