How to be safe when Grinding?
It has been proven that the main cause of injuries and accidents are due to improper mounting, excessive speeds,
abusive operation and / or careless handling of the grinder. Thus it is the responsibility of every individual to
keep the maintenace and installation of the grinding wheel updated. Make sure you keep the maintenace and repair
schedule and stick with it.
Safe Operation Do's
- Handle and Store Grinding Wheels carefully
- Check maximum operating speed on the grinding wheel versus the grinding machine
- Check the mounting flanges for equal and correct diameter (Should be at least 1/3 diameter of the wheel and relieved around hole)
- Use mounting blotters supplied with grinding wheels
- Be sure work rest is properly adjusted. (Center of wheel or above; no more than 1/8 away from wheel)
- Swimming pool pump
- Pool heaters
- Use a safety guard covering at least one-half of the grinding wheel
- Allow newly mounted wheels to run at operating speed with guard in place, for at least one minute before grinding.
- Wear protective goggles
- Turn off coolant before stopping wheel
Safe Operation Dont's
- Don't use a wheel that has been dropped
- Don't force a grinding wheel onto a machine
- Don't exceed the maximum speed
- Don`t over tighten the mounting nut
- Don`t grind on the side of the wheel unless the wheel is specifically designed for that purpose
- Don`t start the machine until the wheel guard is in place
- Don`t jam work into the wheel
- Don`t stand directly in front of a grinding wheel when grinder is started
- Don`t grind material for which the wheel is not designed
If you are looking for professional power tools and equipment suppliers.
Click Here to get professional power tool supplier