How Often Should you Repaint your House
How Often Should you Repaint?
How often you need to repaint your house depends on the current painting status,
the area in which you live and the material of the house and building.
There are obvious signs and factors to show you that your walls and roof need to be repainted.
Different surface materials require a determined set time before they need to repainted.
- Brick: if the brick in not painted, it requires occasional cleaning. Water from gutters
and downpipes or splashing and damp can cause moss build-up and even mould which can be removed with a power hose
or Jik which kills the growth.
- Painted Brick: should last 15-20 years if the painting job has been done properly before repainting.
- Plastered walls: Most houses today are plastered and painted, and need to be repainted/touched
up between 5 -10 years. Repainting needs to include repair of the cracks, removal of mould, dirt and possible
fixing or the drainpipes to prevent the cracks and problems from showing again almost immediately.
- Wood Value: Wood finishes can also increase the value of your home when you put it on the market.
- Woodwork: depending on the sun’s exposure, a maintenance coat is required every 12-18 months. Woodwork that
is directly in the sun for a large portion of the day will dry out and crack more easily, needing treatment to protect against
sun exposure. Woodwork which is in contact with damp and rain will swell and warp without correct treatment, causing a lot of
frustration to the owner when the items do not close/open.
- Fibre cement boards: needs less touch ups, this material can last for 10-15 years before repainting.
- Roof Painting: depending on your roof, sealing and repainting needs to be done every 5 years.
If you are looking for secure, affordable and reliable aluminium finishes for your home or business
Click Here to get in contact with a reliable Aluminium Finishes Supplier